Admissions: Master's Degree
- A bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or chemical/biochemical engineering or other bachelor's degree that includes sufficient credits from relevant courses in the life sciences
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Two semesters of general chemistry and two semesters of organic chemistry
- GREs are not required
At this time, the Shady Grove program is not accepting applications. Please click here to learn more about our main campus program.
All international students should refer to international admission section for admissions information.
To apply, complete a Degree-Seeking UMBC Graduate School Application and use program name: BIOTECHNOLOGY (MPS)
Apply online or by mail:
- Apply online
- Complete a paper application
Your application should include the following documents:
- Completed application including residency form (Residency form determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Three recommendations
- Statement of academic goals
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- Application fee ($50 online / $70 paper)
Note: In addition to the documents above, all applicants are required to submit an industry formatted resume. When applying online, upload your resume to the graduate school application.
All application documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, MPS Biotechnology
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
If you have any questions or require further assistance, please contact Nancy Clements or call 410-455-5536.