Admissions: Master's Degree
- B.A. or B.S. in in biology, chemistry, or chemical/biochemical engineering or other bachelor's degree that includes sufficient credits from relevant courses in the life sciences
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (Students with a GPA less than 3.0 may be admitted to the MPS program provisionally or to the Graduate Certificate program.)
- Two semesters of general chemistry and two semesters of organic chemistry
- GRE is not required.
Applications for the Biotechnology graduate programs are accepted year round. Students may enter the program in the fall or spring semester.
How To Apply
- Apply online
- Select proposed program Biotechnology >> Biotechnology MPS
- Submit your statement of goals as an attachment in the “Academic Goals and Research Interests” section
- Insert names of references into “References” section
- Complete residency information to be reviewed for in-state tuition rates
- Request official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to be sent to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or emailed to email@example.com.
Applications are not sent for review until all materials are complete. A complete application will include the following documents:
- Completed application including residency form (Residency form determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Three letters of recommendation (if you choose to forego the online option, please see the paper form here)
- Statement of academic goals
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- $50 Application fee
With Program Director approval, up to six graduate credit hours may be transferred into this program. The credits must be for course material that substantially corresponds to the courses approved for this program and must conform to your elected concentrations.
Departmental aid is not available through this program. Since this program is designed primarily for working professionals, graduate assistantships are limited. However, graduate students, if eligible can apply for federal aid and support. If you require further assistance, please contact Ashley Waters at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-738-6081.