Master of Professional Studies: Biotechnology Admissions Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or chemical/biochemical engineering or other bachelor's degree that includes sufficient credits from relevant courses in the life sciences
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Two semesters of general chemistry and two semesters of organic chemistry
- GREs are not required
Applications for the Master’s program are accepted for the fall semester, as the first science course in the sequence begins at that time. In certain cases, as determined by the Program Director, students may begin in the Spring and take management courses.
All international students should refer to international student admission page for application deadlines.
To apply, complete a Degree-Seeking UMBC Graduate School Application and use program code PRST and track code BT.
Apply online or by mail:
- Apply online
- Complete a paper application
Your application should include the following documents:
- Completed application including residency form (Residency form determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Three recommendations
- Statement of academic goals
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- Application fee ($50 online / $70 paper)
All application documents should be mailed to:
Graduate School, MPS: Biotechnology
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
International applicants should refer to International Admission page for special admission information.