: Master's Program
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, or Information Systems. A bachelor's degree in another field may be acceptable given relevant work experience.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (Applicants with an appropriate level of knowledge and professional experience in the IT or Cybersecurity fields are strongly encouraged to apply.)
- GRE is not required.
Applications for the Cybersecurity graduate programs are accepted for the Fall and Spring Semesters.
How to Apply:
- Apply online
- Select proposed program Cybersecurity >> Cybersecurity MPS
- Submit your statement of goals as an attachment in the “Academic Goals and Research Interests” section
- Recommendations are optional. Please put N/A in these fields if you choose not to enter names of references.
- Complete residency information to be reviewed for in-state tuition rates
- Request official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to be sent to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are not sent for review until all materials are complete. A complete application will include the following documents:
- Completed application including residency form (Residency form determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Statement outlining the student's goals and expectations in the program. This also is an opportunity for applicants to further explain their background and qualifications for the program and provide any additional information about themselves or their career experience that they feel will benefit the evaluation of their application.
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- $50 Application fee
With Program Director approval, up to six graduate credit hours may be transferred into this program. The credits must be for course material that substantially corresponds to the courses approved for this program and must conform to your elected concentrations.
Departmental aid is not available through this program. Since this program is designed primarily for working professionals, graduate assistantships are limited. However, graduate students, if eligible can apply for federal aid and support. If you require further assistance, please contact Ashley Waters at email@example.com or call 301-738-6081.