: Graduate Certificate
There are no specific constraints on the type of undergraduate degree required for this certificate. In general, applicants should understand the basic concepts and operation of the Internet, networked information systems, and have a basic familiarity with information security concepts and/or practices. These general requirements usually can be satisfied with one or more courses in related areas or through documented professional experience. Those with a background in computer science or information systems - or those with significant professional experience in the IT industry -- are encouraged to apply.
- GRE scores are not required for admission
- Applicants should have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (Applicants with an appropriate level of knowledge and professional experience in the IT or cybersecurity fields are strongly encouraged to apply.)
Applications for the Cybersecurity Strategy and Policy Graduate Certificate are accepted for the Fall & Spring Semesters. To apply, complete a UMBC Graduate Application for Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Programs and use: Cybersecurity Certificate - PSCB
Apply online or by mail:
- Apply online - Select Application for Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program
- Complete a paper application (PDF)
The following information is required to process your application:
- Completed application including residency form (determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Statement outlining the student's goals and expectations in the program. This is an opportunity for applicants to further explain their background and qualifications for the program and provide any additional information about themselves or their career experience that they feel will benefit the evaluation of their application.
- Unofficial transcript(s) from each college university attended
- Application fee ($50 online / $70 paper)
All application documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, Certificate in Cybersecurity
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
If you require further assistance, please contact Ashley Waters or call (301) 738-6081.