I forgot my myUMBC account password. What do I do?
- Click here
- Enter the information requested
- Verify your e-mail address
- Answer your security questions
- Password reset link (active for 24 hours) will be sent to the alternate e-mail address you provided
How do I make my Blackboard course site available to my students?
Click here for step-by-step directions, including screen shots.
Where do I submit my textbook information for the upcoming semester?
How do I place a book on course reserve at the USG Priddy Library?
Click here for detailed instructions.
How do I request examination books and/or Scantron forms?
Where can I work while on campus?
We have two faculty offices available at USG located in the UMBC wing of the Camille Kendall Academic Center (Building III): III-4123 and III-4125. Your mailbox is located in the filing cabinet in III-4125. Students are not permitted to enter either of these offices without faculty supervision. If a student needs to deliver something to your mailbox, please direct him/her to see Ashley Waters, UMBC-Shady Grove Program Coordinator, in III-4159.
How do I submit grades? When are grades due?
How do I view my course roster and teaching schedule?
Click here for step-by-step directions.
How do I request an exam proctor?
Contact your Program Director. UMBC administrative staff cannot provide proctoring services.
I need to assign an "incomplete" to a student this semester? What steps should I take moving forward?
Please first review UMBC's Incomplete Policy. Then, follow the listed steps:
1. Give student a grade of "Incomplete" on the grade roster.
2. Set up a contract with student to complete the work (see sample here).
3. Provide necessary contact information so student can stay in touch in order to complete the work. Student must complete the work by the end of the next academic semester or the grade defaults to an "F".
4. When the student completes the work, contact Ashley Waters at email@example.com to complete a change of grade form.
I need to change a student's grade. What is the process?
Please contact Ashley Waters (firstname.lastname@example.org) to begin the process. Forms must be completed in Ashley's office at UMBC-Shady Grove in person before being mailed to the appropriate contacts on main campus.
My class will be conducting research with human subjects this semester. How do I receive IRB approval? Do I need IRB approval?
Recently, UMBC has updated their policies and procedures on IRB approval. Please visit their website for more instruction. Any questions can be directed to your Program Director or Tim Sparklin at 410-455-2737 or email@example.com.
Where can I find information on Academic Integrity policies and/or forms for reporting academic misconduct?
Click here for detailed information on UMBC's Academic Integrity policies, tools and resources to prevent and educate, and instructions on submitting reports. You can also find links at the bottom of your myUMBC Faculty Center page.