UMBC Faculty Development Center Recommended Resources
- Handouts and "Cheat Sheets"
- Top Teaching Books
- Ambrose, S, et al. (2010) How learning works: Seven research-based principles for smart teaching. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Angelo, T. A., & Cross, K. P. (1993). Classroom assessment techniques: A handbook for college teachers (Second Ed.). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Bain, K. (2004). What the best college teachers do. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.
- Barkley, E. (2009) Student engagement techniques: A handbook for college faculty. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Bean, J. C. (2011). Engaging ideas: The professor's guide to integrating writing, critical thinking, and active learning in the classroom (Second edition). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Nilson, L. (2010) Teaching at its best: A research-based resource for college instructors (Third edition). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Walvoord, B. E., & Anderson, V. J. (2010). Effective grading: A tool for learning and assessment in college (Second edition). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.