Admissions: Master's Degree
Admissions decisions are based on a match of the applicant's interests, work experience, academic background, scholarship and personal goals for the programs. Minimum admission requirements are listed below.
- B.A. or B.S. in Psychology -OR- a bachelor’s degree in a related field with required prerequisite coursework , which included an introductory psychology course and a research methods or statistics course.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (Students with a GPA less than 3.0 may be admitted to the MPS program provisionally)
- GRE is not required.
- International applicants should refer to the International Admission page for special admission information.
Applications are only considered for the Fall semester. All international applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible to allow sufficient time to receive all the necessary documents and to process and assess the application. We encourage all international applicants to send in their documents at least six months prior to the start of the fall semester applying to.
How To Apply
- Apply online
- Select proposed program Psychology >> Industrial & Organizational Psychology MPS
- Submit statement of goals as an attachment in the “Academic Goals and Research Interests” section
- Insert names of references into “References” section (Note: we only require two. Put N/A in third line)
- Submit Experience Form as an attachment in “Additional Admissions Documents” section
- Complete residency information to be reviewed for tuition classification
- Request official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to be sent to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or emailed to email@example.com.
Applications are not sent for review until all materials are complete. A complete application will include the following documents:
- Completed application including residency form (Residency form determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Two letters of recommendation (if you choose to forego the online option, please see the paper form here)
- Statement of academic goals
- Experience Form
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- $50 Application fee
With Program Director approval, up to six graduate credit hours may be transferred into this program. The credits must be for course material that substantially corresponds to the courses approved for this program and must conform to your elected concentrations.
Departmental aid is not available through this program. Since this program is designed primarily for working professionals, graduate assistantships are limited. However, graduate students, if eligible can apply for federal aid and support. If you require further assistance, please contact Ashley Waters at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-738-6081.