Admissions: Master's Degree
Admissions decisions are based on a match of the applicant's interests, work experience, academic background, scholarship and personal goals for the programs. Minimum admission requirements are listed below.
- B.A. or B.S. in Psychology -OR- a bachelor’s degree in a related field with required prerequisite coursework , which included an introductory psychology course and a research methods or statistics course.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (Students with a GPA less than 3.0 may be admitted to the MPS program provisionally)
- GRE is not required.
- International applicants should refer to the International Admission page for special admission information.
Applications for the Master's program are accepted for the Fall semesters only.
To apply, complete a Degree-Seeking UMBC Graduate School Application and use program code PRST; sub plan code INOP.
Apply online or by mail:
Your application should include the following documents:
- Completed application including residency form (Residency form determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of academic goals
- I/O Psychology Experience Form
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- Application fee ($50 online / $70 paper)
All application documents should be mailed to:
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
With Program Director approval, up to six graduate credit hours may be transferred into this program. The credits must be for course material that substantially corresponds to the courses approved for this program and must conform to your elected concentrations.
Departmental aid is not available through this program. Since this program is designed primarily for working professionals, graduate assistantships are limited. However, graduate students, if eligible can apply for federal aid and support. If you require further assistance, please contact Ashley Waters email@example.com or call 301-738-6081.