UMBC-Shady Grove provides upper-level coursework for transfer students who have completed or are near completion of lower-level course requirements. As such, only upper-level courses are offered at UMBC-Shady Grove specific to each of our undergraduate programs. Most students transferring into UMBC-Shady Grove have completed at least 45-50 credits prior to transferring and many students have earned their Associate Degree. The Psychology Department strongly encourages you to complete the following courses prior to transfer?
- Introduction to Psychology
- English Composition
In addition to the above courses,, the following courses must be completed prior to graduating from UMBC. Ideally, a student will complete as many of the courses below as possible prior to transferring to UMBC-Shady Grove. Given that these courses are lower-level, they must be taken at an institution other than UMBC-Shady Grove:
- 3 Arts and Humanities courses (from at least two different disciplines)
- 3 Social Science courses (from at least two different disciplines)
- 2 Science courses (at least one must have a lab component)
- 2 Physical Education courses (consult advisor about exceptions)
- World Language 201-Level (consult advisor about exceptions)
Questions about the Psychology Program? Please contact Dr. Diane Alonso, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-738-6318. Watch the short video below to meet Dr. Alonso.