- The Japan-America Society of Washington D.C. / 日米協会
- Japanese Embassy / 日本大使館 –
provides current news and information about foreign policy, culture, education,
and traveling to Japan. They also provide internship opportunities for college
- Japan Information and Culture Center (Japanese Embassy in Washington D.C.)
- JET Program
- The Maryland Japanese + English Language Club – a social club dedicated
to the spoken and written study of the Japanese and English languages while maintaining fellowship
with Japanese and English speakers. Create a free account on Meetup.com and request to join.
- Edufire – learn Japanese online with real tutors from around the world.
- JGram – A free learning resource that matches the JLPT.
- Learn Japanese with Beb and Alex – a free podcast for learning Japanese.
- NHK World Radio Japan – provides a free podcast series for learning
Japanese known as Easy Japanese – Japan, My Love.
- Read the Kanji – free interactive study site for studying Hiragana, Katakana,
- Smart.fm – a free social networking site for studying Japanese or English.
Take online courses to study vocabulary and listening skills.
- UMBC Japanese Course Website – this is UMBC's official Japanese website.
It describes UMBC's Japanese courses and provides the homework papers necessary for each course.
Study Abroad, Internships, and Jobs in Japan
- DISCO International
- Interesse International
- Intern Abroad
- UMBC Study Abroad Office –
this is UMBC's official Study Abroad website.
Recommended Japanese Grocery Stores in MD, DC, and VA
- Daruma – Bethesda, MD
- Hana – Washington DC
- Maruichi Inc. – Rockville, MD
- Naniwa Foods – McLean, VA
Recommended Authentic Japanese Restaurants in MD, DC, VA
- Doraku Sushi
- Hinata Sushi Carry Out – Bethesda, MD
- Kaz Sushi Bistro – Washington DC
- KtObuki – Washington DC
- Makoto – Washington DC
- Matuba – Bethesda, MD
- Mikaku – Herndon, VA
- Ren's Ramen – Bethesda, MD
- Satsuma – Bethesda, MD
- Sushi Taro – Washington DC
- Temari Japanese Cafe – Rockville, MD
- CDJapan –
Buy your favorite Japanese music online directly from Tokyo.
- Sasuga Bookstore –
Buy manga (and other cool stuff) imported from Japan.
- Taiga Books –
Japanese souvenirs from Japan. The store is in Rockville, MD.
- Tenso –
This is a neat online service which allows shipping of items from Japan.