You Know You Are A Rower When...
- you don't mind walking in frozen bird poo barefoot
- everything you do is "in 2.."
- you need to have a small pushy person around telling you what to do all the time
- you can get up, get dressed and leave before your eyes are fully open
- the phrase "cox box" doesn't make you giggle
- you believe the world wouldn't exist without spandex
- you only recognise your friends from behind
- when you need to go anywhere, you have a sudden urge to throw your car over your shoulder
- before you go anywhere, you are at Main 20 minutes early
- you stick water bottles in your shorts for no reason at all
- you feel naked without enough clothing for 10 people on
- you believe all authority figures carry a megaphone
- you sit in class leaning to your rigger
- half your body is bigger than the other
- you blame bad moods on "the balance"
- your friends need a rowing translater to decipher your language
- you can wear the same thing every morning for a week and not think twice
- you think sleeping late is waking up at 8.30
- when you sit down in class, you look for the tie in shoes
- you constantly check the tightness of nuts in chairs, handrails, door handles etc
- you bring up the beauty of dawn, and people give you blank stares
- your vision of going away for the weekend is other people's vision of hell
- overhearing people talk about how little sleep they get causes you to smirk
- you're giving directions to a friend and you say "turn to bow"
- you dress and undress one handed so you don't have to take one hand off the oar
- everytime you sit in a chair you are mildly surprised to discover it doesn't slide back and forth
<< back to Humor Page