APPLICATION PROCESS FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
Apply Online or Submit a Paper Application
- Apply online through UMBC’s Graduate School.
- First time applicants create an account, submit your application information and pay the application fee by credit card over a secure Internet connection.
- Returning applicants review your activity.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 is required to apply online.
- Prospective graduate students may also download a paper application, request an application by mail or request an application by phone at 410-455-2335.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online in lieu of using a paper application, as online applications are processed quicker (and cost less).
- A non-refundable application fee of $70 is required for paper submissions. Checks must be made payable to UMBC and should accompany the application form.
Mail application and payment to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
Register After You’re Admitted
- UMBC sends admission decisions to the email address you provide on the application. Admitted students will receive a UMBC campus ID, and instructions to activate a myUMBC account. You will use myUMBC to register for classes.
- Please note: the username and password for the application account on ApplyWeb is not the same as the username and password you’ll use for your myUMBC account.
- When you activate myUMBC, you’ll also receive a UMBC email account. All official correspondence from the university will be sent to your UMBC email address. It is important to regularly check your UMBC email account. Instructions to forward UMBC email to another preferred email account (Hotmail, Gmail, etc.) can be found here.
- Register for courses online beginning March 24 through myUMBC.
- Click here to view registration resources.
(click here for more important Visiting Student information)