APPLICATION PROCESS FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
- Students who attended UMBC in the Spring 2013 semester do not need to apply. Register for summer classes online through myUMBC.
Incoming UMBC Students (Fall 2013)
- Students who accept Fall 2013 admission do not need to apply.
- Change your semester start date through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by indicating your intent to take a summer course.
- Once you have received notification of summer registration access, register online through myUMBC.
- Academic advising is highly recommended through the Office of Academic and Pre-Professional Advising.
- Visiting undergraduate students must apply to UMBC before registering for summer courses.
- You will first need to create an Application Access Account before you will be able to apply online.
- Please note that your Application Access Account is not the same as your myUMBC account (which is used to register for classes).
- Once your application has been submitted, you will received a Campus ID number, which is needed to create your myUMBC account.
- On question #10 of the application, choose "Summer" for the semester of admission, and check "YES" indicating "term only" (visiting student) admission.
- Although online applications are preferred, students who wish to submit a paper application may download a copy
(follow the procedures listed for "Visiting Students") and mail it to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
- Before applying, be sure to check with your home institution to verify the summer course(s) you want to register for are transferable.
- If you are in good academic standing at your home institution, transcripts are not required.
- Once you are admitted to summer session, then you may register.