VISITING STUDENTS - UNDERGRADUATES
To Apply, go to Application Menu (select: Summer or Winter Sessions Application)
How to Apply
- Online applications are managed by CollegeNET, UMBC’s application hosting service partner. CollegeNet’s online application process is safe and secure.
- To apply to UMBC, create an application through ApplyWeb, the CollegeNet website. Keep a record of your ApplyWeb username and password. You can save and end your session before you submit your application, and you’ll use this username and password to access an application in progress.
- Log-in to ApplyWeb and complete the UMBC visiting student application.
- Submit a $50 non-refundable application fee by credit card over a secure Internet connection.
- You’ll receive an email confirmation from CollegeNet immediately after you submit your application.
- You'll receive a confirmation from UMBC (sent to the email address you provide) once your application is forwarded from CollegeNet. Once received, it typically takes 3 - 5 business days to process online applications.
- The UMBC confirmation email will include your UMBC campus ID.
- UMBC sends admission decisions to the email address provided on your application.
- Once admitted, you will need to create a myUMBC account to register for classes using your UMBC campus ID. Please note: the username and password for the application account on ApplyWeb is not the same as the username and password used for your myUMBC account (learn more).
- When you create your myUMBC account, you’ll also receive a UMBC email account. All official correspondence from the university will be sent to your UMBC email address. It is important to regularly check your UMBC email account. Instructions to forward UMBC email to another preferred email account (Hotmail, Gmail, etc.) can be found here.
- Register for courses online beginning March 24 through myUMBC.
- Click here to view registration resources.
Click here for more important visiting student information