Online applications are managed by CollegeNET, UMBC's application hosting service partner. CollegeNET's online application process is safe and secure.
How to apply as a visiting undergraduate student:
- Apply by May 20 for session I and June 30 for session II.
- Go to UMBC's Undergraduate Admissions Main Menu page
- Create an account through ApplyWeb (the CollegeNET website).
- Keep a record of your ApplyWeb user name and password. You can save and end your session before you submit your application, and you’ll use this user name and password to access an application in progress.
- Once you have created your ApplyWeb account, choose the Visiting Students option.
- Log-in to "ApplyWeb" and complete the UMBC visiting student application.
- If you plan on taking a course with a prerequisite requirement, be sure to include your transcript showing that you have completed (or will complete) the prerequisites prior to the start of the session.
- Submit a $50 non-refundable application fee by credit card over a secure Internet connection.
- You'll receive an e-mail confirmation from CollegeNET immediately after you submit your application.
- You'll receive a confirmation from UMBC (sent to the e-mail address you provide) once your application is forwarded from CollegeNET..
- Once received, it typically takes 3 - 5 business days to process online applications.
- The UMBC confirmation e-mail will include your UMBC campus ID.
- UMBC sends admission decisions to the e-mail address provided on your application.
- Once admitted, you will need to create a myUMBC account to register for classes using your UMBC campus ID.
- Please note: the user name and password for the application account on ApplyWeb is not the same as the user name and password used for your myUMBC account.
- Learn more about myUMBC.