INCOMING UMBC STUDENTS
Students already admitted for Fall 2013 are eligible to attend summer session.
Summer Session gives incoming freshmen and transfer students the opportunity to get familiar with the campus, learn from top-rated faculty, adapt to college life and meet new people.
- Earn up to 16 credits (8 credits per session).
- Before registering, academic advising is highly recommended.
Summer 2013 Courses
For full course details, see the Online Schedule of Classes.
View Class Details/Available Seats
- Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to change semester start date to Summer 2013.
- Pay student bill.
- Purchase textbooks.
Summer session textbooks are available in May at the UMBC Bookstore or can be ordered online. Textbooks, in the same condition as purchased, can be returned for a full refund with a sales receipt until June 3 (Session I) and July 12 (Session II).
- Verify class location and meeting times.
- Check final grades.
- If you need to order a transcript, please follow these directions from the Registrar's Office.
Opportunities for Incoming Students
Collegiate Success Institute (CSI) is a six week program where students take courses designed to offer a head start on earning college credit and in introduction into life at UMBC.