A limited number of summer scholarships are awarded to UMBC degree-seeking students who are close to graduating and have a strong GPA. Financial need (as documented by the student's 2012/2013 FAFSA form) is also considered.
The deadline for eligible UMBC degree-seeking students to apply online is 5:00 pm on Friday, April 12.
The Scholarship Review Committee will meet in early May, and results will be e-mailed to the students who applied. Applications that do not meet the minimum qualifications and requirements (listed below) will not be considered by the Scholarship Review Committee.
All decisions by the Scholarship Review Committee are final.
- Scholarships are competitively awarded - meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee a scholarship.
- The scholarship covers up to three credits of in-state undergraduate and/or graduate tuition.
- Scholarships are only awarded for UMBC Summer Session 2013 courses, and must be used at UMBC during Summer Session 2013.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Eligible UMBC degree-seeking student.
- UMBC Undergraduate Students - must have completed at least 90 undergraduate credits by the end of the
Spring 2013 semester.
- UMBC Graduate Students - must have completed at least 23 graduate credits by the end of the Spring 2013 semester.
- Applicants must have a UMBC cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher (as indicated on a UMBC transcript).
- Applicants must have a 2012/2013 FAFSA form on file with the UMBC Office of Financial Aid (or provide a written documentation as to why you do not).
- Applicants must submit an unofficial UMBC transcript and a copy of their current schedule of classes (for more details, see information at the bottom of the scholarship application form).
The deadline to submit a scholarship application was 5:00 pm, Friday, April 12.
Scholarship award information will be emailed to applicants in early May.