A limited number of full and partial course scholarships are awarded to UMBC degree-seeking students who are close to graduating and have a strong GPA. Financial need (as documented by the student's 2014/2015 FAFSA form) is also considered.
Important scholarship details
- Scholarships are competitively awarded - meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee a scholarship.
- The scholarship covers TUITION for ONE summer session course (up to 4 credits) based on the in-state undergraduate and/or graduate tuition for that ONE summer session course.
- Full scholarships cover tuition for ONE summer session course (up to 4 credits) based on UMBC’s in-state undergraduate or graduate tuition rate.
- Partial scholarships cover HALF of the tuition for ONE summer session course (up to 4 credits) based on UMBC’s in-state undergraduate or graduate tuition rate.
- Non-Maryland residents are responsible for paying the remaining cost difference between out-of-state and in-state tuition rates.
- All students are responsible for paying summer session course fees.
Minimum qualifications and requirements
- Applicants must be eligible UMBC degree-seeking students.
- Students MUST submit an unofficial copy of their UMBC transcript with the online scholarship application form.
- UMBC Undergraduate Students - must have COMPLETED at least 100 undergraduate credits BY THE END of the Spring 2015 semester, as indicated on their UMBC transcript.
- UMBC Graduate Students - must have COMPLETED at least 23 graduate credits BY THE END of the Spring 2015 semester, as indicated on their UMBC transcript.
- Applicants must have a current UMBC cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or higher, as indicated on their UMBC transcript.
- Applicants must have a 2014/2015 FAFSA form on file with the UMBC Office of Financial Aid (or provide a written documentation as to why they do not).
- The deadline for eligible UMBC degree-seeking students to apply online was 5:00 pm on Wednesday, April 1.
- The Scholarship Review Committee will meet in April, and decisions will be e-mailed to the students who applied.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum qualifications and requirements (listed below) will not be considered by the Scholarship Review Committee.
- All decisions by the Scholarship Review Committee are final.