A limited number of summer scholarships are awarded to UMBC degree-seeking students who are close to graduating and have a strong GPA. Financial need (as documented by the student's 2013/2014 FAFSA form) is also considered.
The deadline for eligible UMBC degree-seeking students to apply online was 5:00 pm on Tuesday, April 1.
The Scholarship Review Committee will meet in mid-April, and results will be e-mailed to the students who applied. Applications that do not meet the minimum qualifications and requirements (listed below) will not be considered by the Scholarship Review Committee.
All decisions by the Scholarship Review Committee are final.
- Scholarships are competitively awarded - meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee a scholarship.
- The scholarship covers ONE summer session course (up to 4 credits) based on the in-state undergraduate and/or graduate tuition for that ONE summer session course. Students will still be responsible for any fees associated with the course and (if they are NOT classified as a Maryland resident) the remaining out-of-state tuition charges.
- Scholarships are only awarded for UMBC Summer Session 2014 courses, and must be used at UMBC during Summer Session 2014.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Eligible UMBC degree-seeking student.
- In addition to completing the scholarship application, applicants MUST also submit an unofficial copy of their UMBC transcript.
- UMBC Undergraduate Students - must have COMPLETED at least 100 undergraduate credits PRIOR TO THE START of the Spring 2014 semester, as indicated on their UMBC transcript.
- UMBC Graduate Students - must have COMPLETED at least 23 graduate credits PRIOR TO THE START of the Spring 2014 semester, as indicated on their UMBC transcript.
- Applicants must have a UMBC cumulative grade point average of 3.2 or higher, as indicated on their UMBC transcript.
- Applicants must have a 2013/2014 FAFSA form on file with the UMBC Office of Financial Aid (or provide a written documentation as to why they do not).