About summer session tuition and fees
- View 2015 tuition & fees.
- Summer session tuition is based on UMBC’s standard credit hour tuition rate. To calculate the tuition cost of a summer course, multiply the credit hour rate X number of course credits.
- Standard summer fees are limited to an auxiliary facilities fee ($23per credit hour) and a summer session fee ($20).
- In addition to the standard tuition and fees, some courses may have additional fees (such as lab or materials fees), which are noted in the online Schedule of Classes under "Class Attributes."
- During the four-day schedule adjustment period use the "swap" option to simultaneously add and drop a class (with the same number of credits) without financial or academic penalty.
- If you add a course on the first day of the session or later, a non-refundable $20 late registration fee will be charged.
- Tuition and auxiliary fees are fully refunded through the first day of the session.
- After the first day of the session, refunds are pro-rated based on the date the course was dropped.