VISITING STUDENT INFORMATION
Before the Session Begins
- Check important academic dates and deadlines.
- Get a parking permit, review directions to UMBC, and download a campus map.
Request a parking permit several weeks in advance to ensure it arrives before the start of classes.
- Obtain a campus card (student ID). The UMBC Campus Card Office is located on the ground floor of the University Center.
- Purchase textbooks.
Summer session textbooks are available in May at the UMBC Bookstore or online. Textbooks, in the same condition as purchased, can be returned for a full refund with a sales receipt until June 2 (Session I) and July 11 (Session II).
- Verify class location and meeting times.
Resources for Visiting Students
- Blackboard: UMBC uses Blackboard, an online learning management system, for online, hybrid, and many in-person courses. When you register for a class, you are automatically enrolled in Blackboard. Faculty often post course information/materials before the session begins, so be sure to log-in to Blackboard early to check for updates. (Blackboard help).
- E2Campus (text alerts): Sign up for E2Campus, an emergency alert text-messaging system. UMBC will notify subscribers of any campus-related emergency (such as a potential safety hazard or campus closure due to weather). Check here for more information.
- Contact information for student service offices including Academic Advising, Billing, Financial Aid, and Computer/Technology Support can be found here.
Billing and Finance
- UMBC bills students electronically. Paper bills are not issued for tuition and fees.
- E-bills are available monthly, the first business day of each month, and are due on the 20th of each month. Late fees are assessed on the 25th of each month (view schedule).
- Log-in to myUMBC to access your most current account information through Account Inquiry. Highlight the Topics menu, select Billing & Personal Finances, and then select Account Inquiry (view more).
- Log-in to myUMBC to pay your student bill. Highlight the Topics menu, select Billing & Personal Finances, and then select Payments & Billing (view more).
Final Grades and Transcripts
- Log-in to myUMBC to check final grades. Highlight the Topics menu, select Classes & Grades, then select Student Grades (additional information).
After final grades are posted, order official UMBC transcripts through Parchment, UMBC’s online transcript partner. Official transcripts are $8.00. You can also download and print an unofficial transcript through myUMBC. (additional information).