Apply for summer session (Undergraduate Students)
Apply for summer session (Graduate Students)
- Enroll at UMBC for a single term in the summer or winter session. To attend future summer or winter sessions at UMBC, you must submit a new application form for each term.
- Attend another college or university and earn credits at UMBC to transfer back to your home institution.
- Must apply to UMBC and be admitted before registering for courses.
- Must be in good standing at their home institution to apply to UMBC.
- Must meet UMBC course prerequisite requirements. Since UMBC's registration system does not recognize non-UMBC students’ prior course history, visiting students are blocked from registering in any UMBC course with prerequisite requirements. Visiting students must first obtain a prerequisite override before they can enroll. Faculty teaching summer courses with prerequisite requirements will grant permission to enroll only when they have determined that the prerequisite requirements have been met.
- Click here for more important visiting student information
Confirm Your Status Before You Apply:
- If you plan to take classes at UMBC over multiple consecutive terms, but not pursue a full degree program or major, apply as a non-degree student.
- If you previously attended UMBC and left in good standing, apply for readmission.
- If you previously attended UMBC and did not leave in good standing, apply for reinstatement.
- If you are currently a high school student and want to earn college credits apply for early admission.
- Full-time or part-time incoming students (fall or spring) do not need to apply for admission to take classes in the preceding summer or winter session. Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and ask to change your semester start date to the summer or winter term.
- Current UMBC students, do not need to apply to attend summer or winter sessions. Use myUMBC to enroll during the regular registration period. Advising is recommended, but not required.