CFP® Certification Professional Education Program - Online MENTOR Program
In partnership with the College for Financial Planning, UMBC offers the accelerated, Online MENTOR Program to prepare individuals for CFP® certification.
Mentor courses are online instructor-led classes that offer students the opportunity to experience the structure and insight of classroom instruction with the convenience of being able to attend from work or home. This program covers all five courses in the CFP® Certification Professional Education Program:
- Financial Planning Process & Insurance
- Investment Planning
- Income Tax Planning
- Retirement Planning & Employee Benefits
- Estate Planning
Features and Benefits
- Classes meet twice per week for 6 weeks each with flexible class start times
- Students may communicate with the instructor and classmates via a microphone and headset
- Classes are two hours each, and are followed by a 15 minute Q&A
- All classes are recorded so you can review them at a later time
- Custom or private corporate classes are available
All mentor enrollments include printed study materials and supplemental online materials.
Click here to view the latest Online MENTOR Program Schedule.
Upon completion of the enrollment process, you will receive a welcome e-mail that includes information to get started with the Mentor Online Program. The welcome e-mail includes:
- Course Schedule
- Login information
- Instructions for accessing an online tutorial
- Instructions for accessing the online course
After your order has been processed, the learning materials for the first course will be shipped and should arrive in 5-7 business days. The learning materials for each subsequent course will be shipped two weeks prior to the start data of the course. For each course you will receive a course confirmation e-mail approximately two weeks prior to the start date of the course. The confirmation e-mail includes important information and class schedule of the upcoming course.
Online MENTOR Policies and Procedures
Click here to request additional information or to be added to the interest list for this course