Systems Engineering Principles
This course provides the foundational framework to understand the system engineering (SE) process, selection of specialized SE tools and the execution of SE under differing design or acquisition philosophies. The course addresses; SE principles, SE processes and methodologies, integration of technical disciplines and SE management.
- What is Systems Engineering?
- The Structure of Complex Systems
- Acquisition and Development Models Leading to SE Process Models
- Concept Refinement: Capability Needs Analysis; Concept Exploration and Definition Phases of the Life Cycle
- System Architecture Development
- System Design Progression
- Systems Design and Optimization
- Integration of Specialty Engineering
- Systems Integration, Test and Verification
- Transition and Introduction to Risk Management
- Planning and Control for Systems Engineering – SE Process Governance I
- Systems Engineering Organization and Management – SE Process Governance II
B.S. degree in EE or related field, or equivalent industrial experience in aerospace or electronic systems.
E-mail Heith Hart or call (443) 692-6599 if you have any questions about this course or if you would like to be added to the interest list.