PHR®/SPHR® Certification Preparation
Can a person with their PHR or SPHR designation take a SHRM Learning System course for recertification credit?
No. Below are the circumstances where a certified professional could earn recertification credits via the Learning System, Global Learning System, or California Learning System:
- SHRM Learning System
· If a student has their GPHR – they could earn up to 35 Credit Hours based on classroom contact hours for a University SHRM Learning System Prep Course
- SHRM Global Learning System
· If a student has their PHR/SPHR – they could earn up to 35 Credit Hours based on classroom contact hours for a University SHRM Global Learning System Prep Course
- SHRM California Learning System
· If a student has their PHR, SPHR and/or GPHR – they could earn up to 12 Credit Hours based on classroom contact hours for a University SHRM California Learning System Prep Course
Can a person earn recertification credit for the SHRM Essentials of HR Management course?
Yes. If a student has their PHR/SPHR or GPHR, they can earn up to 12 recertification credit hours based on classroom contact hours for a University SHRM Essentials of HR Management course.
Can a PHR receive recertification credits for preparing for their SPHR?
If you are a PHR and you are using the Learning System Prep Course or other method to prepare for the SPHR, you can’t earn recertification credit.
Why is this the best material to help prepare for the PHR or SPHR exam?
- Questions used in class test and on the software are written in the same format and cover all the same body of human resource knowledge as the PHR and SPHR exams.
- These materials are updated at least once a year to reflect changes in the body of knowledge. The materials include legal and legislative changes, are viewed by a team of subject matter experts, and go through a legal review process. This ensures that they are the most up to date and accurate materials available.
How will participants benefit from this program?
Will participants be certified after completing this course?
- Receive assistance in preparing for the PHR or SPHR exams and an excellent overview of the human resource field. This program consistently beats the national pass rate average.
- Interact with other human resource professionals
- Earn continuing professional education credits
- Receive a certificate of completion
No. The certification process is completely separate from this course. Please refer to the HRCI Certification Handbook (if have one) or visit www.hrci.org
Does the registration fee include the cost of taking the HRCI certification examination?
No. participants apply and pay for the certification exams through HRCI. Certification handbooks can be obtained by calling HRCI at (866) 898-4724, emailing email@example.com, or downloading the handbook at www.hrci.org
How rigorous are the PHR and SPHR certification exams?
The multiple choice questions in this program are in the same format as the exams. By reviewing the SHRM Learning System modules, participates should be prepared to successfully pass the HRCI certification exams; however, success is not guaranteed. Statistically, participants who attend this program at an educational institution and then take the exam have a higher pass rate on the exam than those who used another study method. Please encourage students to take the exam that is best suited for their experience level- the SPHR exam tests far deeper content and theory then the PHR exam does. For more information, please refer to the HRCI Certification Handbook or www.hrci.org
When are the Exams for PHR/SPHR?
Please see http://www.hrci.org/Certification/EXAMAPP/EXAMFEE/ for the examination dates.