Cloud Computing for Architects
Cloud Computing is gaining increasing attention within enterprises of all shapes and sizes, but few technologists actually know how to properly scope, design, and construct Cloud solutions. Taking standard software applications, databases, and user interfaces and deploying them in a Cloud environment is a recipe for disaster. Proper scoping, usage modeling, and careful design are all essential to success in the Cloud.
This four day, hands-on bootcamp begins with an examination of the Cloud Computing concept, the structure and key characteristics of Clouds, and takes a look under the hood at how they operate. From there, students are introduced to a Cloud Reference Model and explore various aspects of Cloud solution design from discovery throughout the lifecycle of a Cloud solution all the way to retirement. Special attention is given to requirements and Cloud utilization analysis, Cloud solution design strategies, and deployment scenarios. Upon completion of this course, students will have an understanding of the Cloud Computing environment and practical experience in designing, developing, and deploying Cloud-based solutions.
- The Rise of the Cloud
- The Cloud Value Proposition
- Cloud Computing Myths
- Real World Case Studies
- Cloud Computing Components
- Infrastructure As A Service (IAAS)
- Platform As A Service (PAAS)
- Software As A Service (SAAS)
- Private vs Public vs Hybrid Clouds
- Cloud Standards
- Infrastructure for the Cloud
- Cloud Risks and Risk Mitigation
- Cloud Reference Model
- Cloud Layering
- Cloud Development Life Cycle
- Strategies for Designing Cloud Solutions
- Governing Cloud Computing
- Working with Cloud SLAs
- Adopting Cloud Computing
Enterprise Architects, Solution Architects, Information Technology Architects, Senior Developers, and Team Leads.
Foundational knowledge in distributed computing and Web-based architecture.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (443) 692-6599:
- if you have any questions about this course,
- to be notified when this course and any closely related courses are scheduled for open enrollment,
- to request a quote for group training at your location or ours.