Software Engineering and Programming Best Practices
This course is an introduction to the basic concepts of software engineering including the software lifecycle. Emphasis is placed on the requirements – design – implementation phases of the lifecycle. Students will use various software development tools and exposed to software development methodologies including waterfall and agile. Best practices in software design and implementation with a view toward recognizing and avoiding weakness and vulnerabilities in software is a key part of this course.
- Identify the steps in the software development process.
- Identify the goals and principles of software engineering and how to apply them
- Apply defensive programming techniques to avoid software vulnerabilities and weaknesses
- The Software Engineering Process
- Agile Software Development
- Software Design and Implementation
- Software Testing
- Secure Programming & Information Security Concepts
- Security Vulnerabilities
- Programming Best Practices
Students should have significant training or experience in a high level language such as C / C++ or Java.
E-mail Heith Hart or call (443) 692-6599 if you have any questions about this course or if you would like to be added to the interest or wait list.