Introduction to Data Structures
This course investigates the characteristics and performance of common operations and related algorithms on a variety of data structures implemented with the C programming language. This course will examine the underlying structure of the major data structures and the performance of common operations and algorithms. The utility of data structures in various situations and factors that affect their performance will be considered.
- Analyze common operations performed on a variety of data structures using asymptotic and amortized analysis as appropriate.
- Perform common operations on a variety of data structures using the appropriate algorithms.
- Choose an appropriate data structure based on application requirements.
- Asymptotic Analysis using Big-Oh
- 2List ADT and implementations
- Stacks ADT and implementations
- Queue ADT and implementations
- Binary Search Trees implementation, traversals and recursion
- Priority Queues ADT and implementation
- Hash Table ADT and implementations for collision resolution
- Graphs ADT, traversals, shortest path, and topological sort
Competency with the C programming language is required. Students should have good mathematical and problem solving skills.
E-mail Heith Hart or call (443) 692-6599 if you have any questions about this course or if you would like to be added to the interest or wait list.