Advanced Java Programming
This course provides advanced training in developing software using the Java Platform, Standard Edition, or Java SE. The course covers several general-purpose topics: using and building generic types, writing multi-threaded applications, the Reflection API and annotations, and network programming using sockets. It combines nicely with various other courses in the Java curriculum, each of which is also "advanced Java" of some sort: JDBC, secure coding, Swing GUI programming, design patterns, and so on.
* Make effective use of Java generic types.
* Write multi-threaded Java applications.
* Use the Reflection API for highly generic tasks, discovery, or code-generation.
* Use standard annotations and develop custom annotations to express meta-data in Java source files.
* Communicate between processes using network sockets.
This course is intended for students with solid experience in structured and object-oriented Java programming, including use of the Collections API and exception handling.
Solid Java programming experience is essential -- especially object-oriented use of the language. Language features and techniques that are integral to some lab exercises include interfaces and abstract classes, threading, generics and collections, and recursive methods.
- Click here to request a price quote for group training.
- Click here to request
additional information or to be added to the interest list for this course. The interest list will notify you when this course and any closely related courses are scheduled for open enrollment.