You know how to use the command-line interface in Linux to perform various tasks. Now that you have become an expert in using Linux commands and utilities, you want to automate your routine tasks. In this course, you will create shell scripts by combining various Linux utilities, together with the standard shell. In addition, you will create shell scripts to automate complex text-processing and administrative tasks. This is an instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on labs (approximately 50-60% hands-on).
This course is intended for proficient Linux users and system administrators, who already know the basics of the Linux shell, the vi editor, and Linux process and file management.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
* automate tasks using shell scripts.
* program with shell scripts.
* apply advanced programming concepts.
* process text using sed.
* develop programs using awk.
* debug shell scripts.
* administer the Linux system by using shell scripts.
* perform backups using shell scripts.
* package shell programs.
E-mail email@example.com or call (443) 692-6599:
- if you have any questions about this course,
- to be notified when this course and any closely related courses are scheduled for open enrollment,
- to request a quote for group training at your location or ours.