Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Associate
This course is designed to give students a firm foundation in basic administration of Oracle Database 11g. In this course students learn the concepts of relational databases. This course provides the essential SQL skills that allow developers to write queries against single and multiple tables, manipulate data in tables, and create database objects. Students learn to control privileges at the object and system level.
This course covers creating indexes and constraints, and altering existing schema objects. Students also learn how to create and query external tables. Students learn to use the advanced features of SQL in order to query and manipulate data within the database, use the dictionary views to retrieve metadata and create reports about their schema objects. Students also learn some of the date-time functions available in the Oracle Database. This course discusses how to use the regular expression support in SQL.
Also in this class, students learn how to install and maintain Oracle Database 11g. Students gain a conceptual understanding of the Oracle database architecture and how its components work and interact with one another. Students learn how to create an operational database and properly manage the various structures in an effective and efficient manner including performance monitoring, database security, user management, and backup/recovery techniques.
The lesson topics are reinforced with structured hands-on practices. In this course, students use Oracle SQL Developer as the main development tool. SQL*Plus is introduced as an optional development tool.
- Retrieve row and column data from tables with the SELECT statement
- Create reports of sorted and restricted data
- Employ SQL functions to generate and retrieve customized data
- Display data from multiple tables using the ANSI SQL 99 JOIN syntax
- Identify the major structural components of the Oracle Database 11g
- Create reports of aggregated data
- Write SELECT statements that include queries
- Run data manipulation statements (DML) to update data in the Oracle Database 11g
- Create tables to store data
- Utilize views to display and retrieve data
- Control database access to specific objects
- Manage schema objects
- Manage objects with data dictionary views
- Write multiple-column sub-queries
- Use scalar and correlated sub-queries
- Use the regular expression support in SQL
- Describe Oracle Database Architecture
- Install and configure Oracle Database 11g
- Configure Oracle Net services
- Manage the database storage structures
- Create and administer user accounts
- Perform basic backup and recovery of a database
- Manage users and schemas
- Manage data and concurrency
- Monitor and administer undo data
- Backup and recover a database
- Monitor performance
- Use the database diagnostic monitor
This course is designed to prepare students to become an Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Associate.
8 days (if class includes exam, students will take the exam on the last day of class).
E-mail email@example.com or call (443) 692-6599:
- if you have any questions about this course,
- to be notified when this course and any closely related courses are scheduled for open enrollment,
- to request a quote for group training at your location or ours.