WebSphere Portal 6.1 Programming Using RAD 7.5
This five day training class teaches students WebSphere Portal development using JSR 286 API. The JSR 286 API is the first revision of the portlet specification in nearly five years and contains significant improvements. The class also covers Struts and JavaServer Faces based portal site development. All labs are done using Rational Application Developer (RAD) v7.5.
Using AJAX technology with a portal site is increasingly becoming an option for developers. This class teaches an overview of AJAX and how it may be used in a WebSphere Portal web site.
Topics covered include:
* Introduction to WebSphere Portal, key concepts and benefits
* Portal programming model
* Detail coverage of the JSR 286 API
* Introduction to Portal Toolkit
* Customizing Portal themes using RAD tools
* Struts based portlet development
* JavaServer Faces (JSF) based portlet development
* Web Services for Remote Portlets
Programmers who will be developing applications for WebSphere Portal Server.
Students should have intermediate knowledge of Java development using Rational Application Developer. Knowledge of Servlet and JSP is strongly recommended.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (443) 692-6599:
- if you have any questions about this course,
- to be notified when this course and any closely related courses are scheduled for open enrollment,
- to request a quote for group training at your location or ours.