Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Power User
Students will use, create, and edit content in a team website. As well as create and perform basic management of a team site using SharePoint Foundation 2010. Students will also manage site collections and site components as a site collection administrator and as a site administrator.
This course is designed for individual contributors or departmental staff in a variety of job roles, such as administrative assistants, functional or operations managers, with basic SharePoint skills, and who have the responsibility for managing SharePoint sites as an enabling technology within their workgroups, not necessarily IT tech professionals. This course is also for individuals who will need to access information on a Microsoft SharePoint team site or for those who may need to create and manage a team website. Power-user familiarity is preferred.
Upon successful completion of this course students will be able to:
- identify basic functions of collaboration technology and Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010 team sites.
- add and modify list items and work with list views.
- add, edit, and share documents across libraries and wikis.
- communicate and collaborate with team members.
- work remotely with SharePoint content.
- customize your SharePoint environment.
- create a team site.
- perform basic site administration.
- brand a site collection.
- manage lists in a site collection.
- manage document libraries.
- manage form libraries.
- manage content structures in a site collection.
- manage a workflow.
- manage indexing and searching options.
- enable offline work with SharePoint sites using SharePoint Workspace 2010.
- manage a SharePoint application using Central Administration.
- manage user access.
- manage security options in Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010.
- manage site usage.
- perform site maintenance.
To ensure success in this course, familiarity with the Office 2010 interface and navigational tools is highly recommended. Basic knowledge of Web technologies is recommended.
E-mail email@example.com or call (443) 692-6599:
- if you have any questions about this course,
- to be notified when this course and any closely related courses are scheduled for open enrollment,
- to request a quote for group training at your location or ours.