Implementing Microsoft Windows SharePoint Server (WSS) 3.0
This two-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to successfully implement Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) version 3.0 in their organizations. It emphasizes that students should think about the architecture of their entire environment, including business and application needs, during the planning and deployment phases. The course covers how to perform a clean installation of WSS 3.0 and also describes all the prerequisites required to select the most appropriate method for upgrading WSS from 2.0 to 3.0 in a specific scenario. In addition, the course focuses on how to manage WSS after it is configured.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe how the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 platform helps address collaboration challenges.
• Plan the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 environment.
• Install Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
• Identify the most appropriate method to upgrade Windows SharePoint Services from 2.0 to 3.0 in a given scenario.
• Manage Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
This course is intended for Business Application Administrators (BAAs) who are engaged in the planning, design, and selection of Line of Business (LOB) applications, including Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS), in conjunction with internal business customers. Their primary responsibility is the deployment, customization, management, and support of LOB applications. They routinely monitor application status and troubleshoot application problems. The audience is expected to have at least two years of experience in implementing, managing, and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2003, including Internet Information Services (IIS).
Before attending this course, students must have:
• On-the-job experience in implementing, managing, and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2003, including IIS.
• Working knowledge of networking, for example, TCP/IP and Domain Name System (DNS).
• Basic knowledge of key benefits of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS), new features and functionality of MOSS, and WSS acting as a platform for MOSS.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (443) 692-6599:
- if you have any questions about this course,
- to be notified when this course and any closely related courses are scheduled for open enrollment,
- to request a quote for group training at your location or ours.