The major objective of this course is to give the student a real-life software development experience. This objective is accomplished through the student's participation on a team that will develop a single software product over the course of one semester. Product development will follow the full software development lifecycle from requirements analysis through product delivery.
More specific objectives are:
- To understand the software development process
- To learn the definition, goals, and principles of software engineering and how to apply them
- To experience working in a software development team
- To experience taking a leadership role in a software development team
- To enhance verbal and written communication skills
- To learn about professional ethics in computer science.
Programmers who are wishing to learn software engineering.
Knowledge of data structures and a programming language is required.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (443) 692-6599:
- if you have any questions about this course,
- to be notified when this course and any closely related courses are scheduled for open enrollment,
- to request a quote for group training at your location or ours.