Sun Fundamentals of the Java Programming Language SL-110
The Fundamentals of the Java Programming Language course provides students with an excellent choice for beginning to learn programming using the Java programming language. This course is intended for students with little or no programming experience. The course teaches the significance of object-oriented programming, the keywords and constructs of the Java programming language, and the steps required to create simple Java technology programs. Students taking this course can receive a solid basis in the Java programming language upon which to base continued work and training. The course features the Java Platform, Standard Edition 6 (Java SE 6) platform, and uses the Java SE Development Kit 6 (JDK 6) product.
To succeed fully in this course, students should be able to:
- Create programs using a procedural language, such as C, or a scripting language, such as Perl
- Create and edit text files using a text editor
- Use a World Wide Web (WWW) browser
- Solve logic problems
- Describe the concept of a variable
- Execute commands using a command-line interface
5 weeks, 2 evenings per week
$1,695.00 (tuition is discounted to $1,645.00 if full payment is received three weeks before the start of the class)
Price includes instructor-led training and official Sun Courseware, one year audit privileges (on a space
UMBC Technology Center, 1442 S. Rolling Road, Baltimore, MD 21227
- Click here to download and complete the registration form to mail in or fax.
- Click here to request additional information or to be added to the interest list for this course.