BusinessObjects Universe Designer XI 3.0
This core three day instructor led course is designed to give you the comprehensive skills needed to design, build and maintain BusinessObjects 6.5, BusinessObjects XIR1/XIR2, and BusinessObjects XI 3.0 universes.
You should attend this course to understand universe design concepts and terminology, as well as the role of universes in relation to BusinessObjects reporting tools.
The course provides an overview of the process for planning, designing and creating a universe and then walks you through the process of designing a universe that responds to identified requirements.
The business benefit of this course is that you will learn best- practice methodology for creating universes that respond to your reporting requirements.
Through well-designed universes, report designers and business users will be able to create reports without having to know anything about the underlying data source or structure.
- Level: Basic Processes & Foundation
- Delivery Type: Instructor-led Classroom
This course is designed to teach you how to design BusinessObjects universes using Universe Designer, using BusinessObjects 6.5, BusinessObjects XI R1/R2, or BusinessObjects XI 3.0. New features covered in the XI 3.0 course that are not applicable to BusinessObjects 6.5 or XI R1/R2 learners include:
The target audience for this course is universe designers.
- Creating a cascading list of values associated with a hierarchy of objects in a universe
- Creating delegated measures
- Creating nested derived tables
To be successful, you must have working knowledge of:
- SQL and relational database management systems concepts and structures
- Familiarity with the type of data and the logical structure of the databases in their organization
- Familiarity with BusinessObjects Web Intelligence report building
E-mail Heith Hart or call (443) 692-6599 if you have any questions about this course or if you would like to be added to the interest list.