In this course you will learn the fundamentals necessary to use XML on the Web or in data processing applications. Through lecture and hands-on lab exercises, you will learn the essentials of data interoperability using XML, write well-formed XML documents, enforce document validity and use XSLT and stylesheets to transform XML documents. You will use Java to implement XML web applications, as well as learn how to use XML to pass data between distributed Java applications. Emphasis is placed on writing well-formed and valid XML, parsing techniques and converting Legacy data with XML.
- Getting Started with XML
- XML Overview
- XML Syntax
- Writing DTDs
- Basic XML Schemas
- Transforming XML Using XSLT
- Presenting XML for the Web - CSS
- XML in Applications
- Parsing XML with SAX
- Parsing XML with DOM
- Accessing and Generating XML Documents with DOM
- Validating XML with DTDs and Schema programmatically
- Distributed Applications with XML
- XSL Transformation using Java
- Web Services Introduction
Anyone who needs an introduction to XML and use XML in conjunction with Java, including application developers, Web developers, XML document authors, and webmasters.
Familiarity with Web and data processing concepts. Java programming experience is required.
- Click here to request a price quote for group training.
- Click here to request
additional information or to be added to the interest list for this course. The interest list will notify you when this course and any closely related courses are scheduled for open enrollment.