Troubleshooting in Adobe Connect
1. The instructor cannot hear me
2. Adobe Connect is not picking up my microphone
3. I heard my voice echoing in the meeting
4. The meeting is freezing and lagging
5. The video and audio in the meeting room is freezing up
6. I cannot log in to Adobe Connect
1. The instructor cannot hear me Top
Make sure to plug the headset in before entering the meeting room, and make sure your microphone is on
All students will receive a headset with microphone capabilities. Be sure to plug in the headset BEFORE entering the meeting. By default, participants will not have microphone capabilities unless the meeting host allows them. If the host gives you the ability to use your microphone, be sure to click the microphone icon so it is lit up green before you begin speaking.
2. Adobe Connect is not picking up my microphone Top
Once your microphone is on, you can adjust the volume and echo. Right click anywhere in the “Shared” area and click “Settings.” A textbox will appear with options to adjust your microphone. Select the tab with the microphone icon. Make sure “Reduce Echo” is checked off.
3. I heard my voice echoing in the meeting Top
Tell your instructor you are hearing an echo (if he or she does not already notice). Ask that others mute their mics unless speaking.
If your voice is echoing, right click anywhere in the “Shared” area and click “Settings.” Select the tab with the microphone icon and check the box that reads “Reduce Echo.”
4. The meeting is freezing and lagging Top
Try another browser
Reference your student reminder email to find the URL for your online course via Adobe Connect. Click on the URL to connect to Adobe Connect. Adobe Connect works best in the following browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer (IE)
Exit the meeting room and re-enter
5. The video and audio in the meeting room is freezing up Top
With audio, video, and visual materials being transmitted throughout the meeting, you will need to have a consistently strong internet connection. Check your settings on your computer and on your wireless connection.
If possible, plug in the physical internet cable to your computer to ensure the internet speed is not fluctuating.
6. I cannot log in to Adobe Connect Top
Click here to check the Adobe Connect Server Status. UMBC Training Centers is located in the "na3" zone. If this zone is listed on the Adobe Connect Server Status page, this means the server is experiencing issues. Please try again in a few minutes.