Introduction to Agile Methods
Agile concepts, tools and techniques provide an alternative to traditional approaches. More and more there is pressure on teams to produce high quality products and services quickly. This course is designed to provide participants with the requisite knowledge to explore how agile concepts can be employed to enhance project performance.
Participants will learn the roots of the agile movement, key concepts, definitions, roles, and various tools and techniques. Group discussions will be augmented with intriguing activities designed to reinforce fundamental agile principles.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define the characteristics of agile methods
- Have a grasp on key agile terminology
- Cite the major values of agile methods
- Contrast the differences between traditional & agile methods
- Gain an awareness for the benefits of agile methods
- Identify the major types and kinds of agile methods
- Understand the various roles & how they interact in agile projects
- Define Scrum ceremonies and artifacts
- Determine the strengths and weaknesses of agile vs. traditional testing
- Generate a basic agile release plan
- Bring knowledge of agile back to teams and colleagues
Anyone interested in applying agile methods to their work. Members of an organization who will support, lead or participate in agile-driven projects will greatly benefit.
E-mail Heith Hart or call (443) 692-6599 if you have any questions about this course or if you would like to be added to the interest list.