Making Successful Presentations
The ability to convey facts and information in a clear, concise manner is a crucial part of delivering an effective presentation. This is particularly true for people who need to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences in both formal and informal settings.
In this three-day workshop, participants learn to plan for, structure, prepare and deliver presentations that achieve the intended result. They will learn practical techniques to communicate and reinforce their message, by focusing on the audience’s needs and objectives, how to avoid distracting mannerisms and to take advantage of non-verbal communications to make their points. They will be able to cope with difficult situations and with difficult people. And they will learn how to incorporate various visual support materials into the presentation.
The key to this workshop is practice: Video-tape feedback is used as well as critiques from the instructor and other participants.
By the end of the workshop, participants will have not only the skill, but also, the poise and confidence to deliver clear concise presentations that achieve the intended result.
Class size is limited to 10 participants.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Discern and address the attitudes and needs of the audience
- Capture and maintain audience interest and attention
- Respond to difficult questions and objections
- Deliver presentations that are concise and clear
- Organize ideas and information to achieve the presentation objective
- Define an objective for the presentation
- Select the appropriate content to accomplish the objective
- Capitalize on non-verbal communications to make the point
- Minimize distracting behaviors
- Establish rapport with the audience
- Describe how and when to use humor
- Plan the presentation
- Prepare for a presentation
- Design and use visuals effectively
- Create and use notes effectively
This course is recommended for everyone who needs to develop their presentation skills, speak in front of groups or sell ideas to others.
E-mail Heith Hart or call (443) 692-6599 if you have any questions about this course or if you would like to be added to the interest list.