Certificate in Project Management
The Certificate in Project Management at UMBC Training Centers provides the aspiring, or current project manager with the skills and knowledge required to successfully manage projects within government, business and non-profit environments. The program combines a comprehensive review of major project management processes and knowledge areas with hands-on learning activities to provide participants with practical skills which can be applied immediately on the job.
In addition to developing new skills and techniques to be able to successfully manage projects on time and on budget, successful candidates will be awarded a Certificate in Project Management from UMBC Training Centers. Completion of this program should increase participants' professional value to current or future employers.
Upon completion of the workshop, students will be able to:
- Apply common charting techniques such as, Gantt, Resource Assignment Matrix, and network diagram, to create a project plan
- Work with stakeholders to correctly formulate the scope of project requirements and the constraints on the project
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Determine areas of project risk, formulate a plan to counter those risks, and use a Risk Register to manage risk during project execution
- Develop more reliable estimates throughout the project lifecycle
- Explain the relationship between project planning and effective execution and control
- Use Earned Value Management (EVM) to identify project status and project future outcomes
- Identify project slippage and formulate corrective actions
- Create and use a Stakeholders’ Communication Plan
- Increase personal effectiveness by addressing the critical elements of communication.
- Build openness, trust and respect among team members to improve interpersonal processes and foster interaction.
- Exercise greater influence by applying the most appropriate influence strategies and addressing conflict constructively.
- Use network analysis to make schedule and resource decisions
- Plan and conduct a kick-off meeting
All content delivered in the Certificate in Project Management is aligned with the Project Management Institute's (PMI™) Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK™ Guide). Participants who successfully complete the Certificate in Project Management who meet certain experience requirements may be interested in pursuing PMI™'s Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification. This class also satisfies the majority of your FAC-P/PM level 1 requirements (call for more information).
This program is suitable for individuals seeking to enter the field of project management or for current project managers who desire additional education and training on project management skills and techniques.
Professional Development Units (PDU's)
Upon completion of the course, students will be awarded 65 PDU's by the Project Management Institute.
Click here for information on available discounts. Click here for information on financial assistance.
Register for Session
|July 9 - August 25, 2013
||Tuesday & Thursday
6:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Click here to download and complete the registration form to mail in or fax.
E-mail Heith Hart or call (443) 692-6599 if you have any questions about this course or if you would like to be added to the interest list.
*PMI and PMBOK are registered trademarks of the Project Management Institute.