RL 101 - Resilient Leadership: Strength and Honor
“If you’re not in control, someone else is!”
History and current events teach us that the key to survival and even prosperity in times of adversity is resiliency and resilient leadership. We have developed a unique training program to teach leaders at all levels (and those who aspire to leadership positions) how to create a culture of resilience in preparation for, or in the wake of, economic downturns, down-sizing, natural disasters, and even terrorism.
This one-day course entitled Resilient Leadership: Strength and Honor is the first element in the two-day Resilient Leadership program.
It is a virtual truism that in times of crisis, people look for guidance. They seek strength, motivation, and direction. With that in mind, we seek to understand the “secrets” of resilient leadership, that is, how to instill resilience in others. We seek to better understand how to serve as a catalyst to help others exceed their own expectations. These secrets have been revealed in the ancient manuals of war as well as the modern science of human resilience. Resilient leadership is the catalyst that inspires ordinary people to do extraordinary things
In this workshop, participants will learn what we believe are the two “covenants” of resilient leadership as well as the four essential personal characteristics of resilient leaders. In addition, participants will learn the prescriptive factors that build a resilient organizational culture, how to use the “resilient leadership scorecard” to assess leadership effectiveness, and how to avoid the factors that undermine resilient leadership.
Learning Objectives: Participants will…
* Understand adversity as opportunity.
* Be able to avoid the "7 deadly sins" of crisis leadership.
* Understand the two foundational "covenants" of resilient crisis leadership.
* Understand how to create the four core pillars of resilient crisis leadership.
* Understand how to apply at least three prescriptive (Rx) behaviors to enhance each of the core characteristics of resilient leadership.
* Understand when and why people are most receptive to communications from leaders.
* Be able to utilize the Resilient Moment Communications model with individuals.
* Be able to utilize the Resilient Moment Communications model with a group.
* Understand how leadership can be used to create a "culture of resilience."
* Know how to evaluate and improve leadership using the "resilient leadership scorecard."
Registration for Students
See Certificate in Resilient Leadership Home to register for full course.
If you have any questions about this program please e-mail email@example.com .