UMBC Training Centers offers one of the area's most highly regarded, accredited programs in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Our program offers three separate concentrations of study - Cardiac, General, and Vascular. The program is a full-time (day), non-degree program that takes 13.5 months to complete. Upon successful completion of the program students receive a Certificate and will be eligible to sit for their National Registry Exams in Sonography.
For information about upcoming Sonography information sessions, follow this link;
Sonographers are highly-skilled medical professionals who work directly with patients to perform non-invasive imaging tests and procedures, providing physicians with diagnostic information about various systems of the body. Whether detecting a blood clot, evidence of cancer, seeing the signs of a stroke or monitoring an infant in the womb, Songraphers are key members of a medical team.
The United States Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics Employment estimates and mean wage estimates for Diagnostic Medical Sonography show a median salary of $64,380 in 2010. Sonography has become one of the most attractive and in-demand professions in the medical field.
The UMBC Diagnostic Medical Sonography program is a well established, accelerated 13.5 month program which combines expert classroom and hands on instruction in our onsite scan lab with a wide range of hands on clinical experience, which we facilitate and manage. Graduates of our program have high employment rates and have access to the largest network of ultrasound professionals in the region.
Faculty and Staff
- Stacy Fisher, M.D. - Medical Director, Cardiac Sonography
- Joel Fradin, M.D. - Medical Director, General Sonography
- Michael Lilly, M.D. - Medical Director, Vascular Sonography
- Lyna El-Khoury Rumbarger, B.S. RDCS. RCCS. FASE. - Program Chair, Cardiac Concentration Coordinator and Physics Instructor
- Yvonne Brotzman, RDMS. RVT. RDCS. - Vascular Concentration Coordinator and Clinical Coordinator
- Corinne Giannullo, B.A. RDCS. FASE. - Cardiac Clinical Coordinator
- Liesel Tavenner B.S. RDMS. RVT. - General Sonography Instructor
- Cathy Trageser, R.T. RDMS. - General Concentration Coordinator and Clinical Coordinator
- Jeanne McStay, B.A. RDMS. - Admissions and Administrative Support