To apply to the interdisciplinary biology mathematics training program complete and submit the following form.
We are currently accepting applications for the
Completing and submitting this form is the application process
for undergraduates at the University of Maryland Baltimore County
who wish to participate in the Undergraduate interdisciplinary
training program in Biology and Mathematics (UBM)
during the 2012-2014 academic years. Applicants must be majors
in biology, bioinformatics, biochemistry, mathematics or statistics.
They must also be in their sophomore or junior year. If you
are accepted and choose to join the UBM program, you commit
to the following:
program to begin Fall 2013
Student benefits include student stipends for each semester they are in the program (including full time summer support,
summer housing and meals), travel money to present their research at a national meeting, travel support for field trips/team
building activities. For questions, contact Dr. Jeff Leips (leips (at) umbc.edu).
- Participation in the program for two years (Fall 2013 thru Spring 2015)
- Participation in a full time 10-week summer research program in the summer
- Participation in an interdisciplinary research project part time during fall and spring semesters
- Participation in a bi-weekly biomathematics journal club during the academic years you participate in the program
- Depending on course background, students may be asked to complete at least two additional courses in mathematics/statistics
or biology (in a discipline outside of the major)
* Required Field