Applications will be reviewed and qualified students will be selected from an applicant pool determined by Admissions based on the following criteria:
- Consider applying if you meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Students with a 3.5 or higher high school GPA
- Students with an 1150 or higher SAT score
- Students who are undecided about their major
- Students who are not affiliated with another scholars program on campus
Interested students must meet University requirements for admission to UMBC.
Complete the on-line housing application at www.umbc.edu/reslife/apply or visit http://my.umbc.edu and choose the online housing application from the blue bar.
Within the on-line housing application, you can apply to be a member of the Discovery Scholars Living-Learning Community. Living-Learning Communities are unique opportunities with the residence halls to live with other students who share your academic or co-curricular interests. Use the on-line housing application to apply!
No additional information is needed. Contact us if you have questions about the program.
- Submit the following interest form.
Once you are admitted to the Discovery Scholars Living Learning Community, we will notify you regarding Orientation Course Selection Day options. We will reserve spots for Discovery Scholars students on some of the earlier orientation dates. You will have the chance at orientation to meet JIll Randles and Laila Shishineh who coordinate the program.