General Links Related to UMBC & Selected References Regarding Teaching Scholarship at UMBC
- African American college students excelling in the sciences: College and post-college outcomes in the Meyerhoff Scholars Program, Maton, KI, Hrabowski, FA & Schmitt, CL, Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 37, 629 – 654 (2000): http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/abstract/72516624/ABSTRACT
- Beating the Odds: Raising academically successful African American males. Hrabowski, FH, Maton, KI, & Greif, G. Oxford University Press (1998).
- Can Undergraduate Biology Students Learn to Ask Higher Level Questions? Marbach-Ad, G and Sokolove, PG, Journal of Research in Science Teaching, 37, 854-870 (2000): http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/abstract/73502045/ABSTRACT
- Improving the Freshman Engineering Experience, Bayles, TM, Spence, AM & Morrell, C: 2004 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition: Engineering Education Reaches New Heights; Salt Lake City, UT; USA; (2004):
- Increasing the number of African American PhDs in the sciences and engineering: a strengths-based approach. Maton, KI & Hrabowski, FA The American Psychologist, 59, 547-56 (2004): http://content.apa.org/journals/amp/59/6/547
- Integration of Engineering Principles in High School Algebra Courses, Bayles, TM, Spence, AM & Morrell, C: 2004 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition: Engineering Education Reaches New Heights; Salt Lake City, UT; USA; (2004).
- Overcoming the Odds: Raising Academically Successful African American Young Women by Hrabowski, FH, Maton, KI, Greene, ML, & Greif, GL - Feb 7, 2002).
- Preparing minority scientists and engineers. Summers, MF & Hrabowski, FA, Science, 311, 1870-1871 (2006): http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/reprint/311/5769/1870.pdf
- Science Investigation System for Telescopes in Education Research, Hoban, S. et al., Proceedings of the 36th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (2002): http://csdl2.computer.org/comp/proceedings/hicss/2003/1874/01/187410035a.pdf
- UMBC Self Study 2006: