Interesting research created by our Bioinformatics and Computational Biology students:
Meet a student researcher:
Meet a Research Alumnus:
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Work with a faculty member
- Experience hands-on research
- Reinforce classroom learning
- Prepare for work or graduate school
- Travel to national conferences
- Receive grant funding
- Publish independent research
- Characterization of the SOS meta-regulon in the human gut microbiome.
Cornish JP, Sanchez-Alberola N, O'Neill PK, O'Keefe R, Gheba J, Erill I.
Bioinformatics. 2014 May 1;30(9):1193-7.
- CollecTF: a database of experimentally validated transcription factor-binding sites in Bacteria.
Kiliç S, White ER, Sagitova DM, Cornish JP, Erill I.
Nucleic Acids Res. 2014 Jan;42(Database issue):D156-60.
- scnRCA: a novel method to detect consistent patterns of translational selection in mutationally-biased genomes.
O'Neill PK, Or M, Erill I.
PLoS One. 2013 Oct 7;8(10):e76177.
- Inference of self-regulated transcriptional networks by comparative genomics.
Cornish JP, Matthews F, Thomas JR, Erill I.
Evol Bioinform Online. 2012;8:449-61.
- BioWord: a sequence manipulation suite for Microsoft Word.
Anzaldi LJ, Muñoz-Fernández D, Erill I.
BMC Bioinformatics. 2012 Jun 7;13:124
So, what are you doing next summer?
Get started today!
For more information, check out this department's website:
For more information:
Janet McGlynn at email@example.com or 410-455-5754