Information for use in Blackboard
The .zip files below contain information about undergraduate research programming at UMBC suitable for sharing with students via a class Blackboard site. By importing the .zip file to a Bb site, you will be creating a research "button" along the left menu. Clicking on the button will bring students to information about Undergraduate Research Awards (URA), Undergraduate Research and Creative Achievement Day (URCAD), The UMBC Review, and summer research/creative opportunities.
To load the research information into your course Blackboard site:
(MAC users, use Firefox)
- Click on the appropriate .zip file and select "save file"
- Save the file to your desktop or other convenient location
- Open the Blackboard site for your course
- Go to the control panel of the Bb site
- Under Packages and Utilities, click on Import Package/ View logs
- Click on Import Package
- (In Item 2) Use the browse button to browse for the .zip file on your desktop
- (In item 3), select "content areas" --> click Submit --> Click OK
- Go back to your Blackboard page and see if you have a Research Info button on the left menu and review the content
- Determine the best way to direct students to this information
For more information, or a "button" customized to the needs of your particular class,
contact Janet McGlynn, email@example.com, 5-5754
Social Science and Humanities Button.zip
NOTE: These .zip files will only open after they have been imported to a Blackboard site.