APPLICATION PROCESS FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS
Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online in lieu of using a paper application, as online applications are processed quicker (and cost less).
- First time applicants, create an account, submit your application information and
pay the application fee by credit card over a secure Internet
- Returning applicants review your activity.
- Apply online through UMBC's Graduate School (choose "Application for Graduate Coursework: Non-Degree")
- A non-refundable application fee of $50 is required to apply online.
Submit a paper application
- Prospective graduate students may also download a paper application, request an application by mail or request an application by phone at 410-455-2335.
- A non-refundable application fee of $70 is required for paper submissions. Checks must be made
payable to UMBC and should accompany the application form.
Mail application and payment to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
Notification of admission decisions
- UMBC sends admission decisions to the e-mail address you provide on your application.