Online applications are managed by CollegeNET, UMBC's application hosting service partner. CollegeNET's online application process is safe and secure.
How to Apply as a Visiting Undergraduate Student
- Go to UMBC's Undergraduate Admissions Main Menu page.
- Create your CollegeNET account.
- Keep a record of your CollegeNET user name and password. If you save and end your session before you submit your application, you will need your user name and password to regain access the application.
- Once you have created your CollegeNET account, choose the Visiting Student option.
- Log in to CollegeNET and complete the visiting student application.
- If you plan on taking a course with a prerequisite requirement, upload a copy your transcript showing that you have completed (or will complete) the prerequisite course requirement(s) prior to the start of the session.
- Submit a $50 non-refundable application fee by credit card over a secure Internet connection.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation from CollegeNET immediately after you submit your application.
- You will receive a confirmation from UMBC (sent to the e-mail address you provide) once CollegeNet forwards your application to UMBC.
- Once received, it typically takes 3 - 5 business days to process online applications.
- The UMBC confirmation e-mail will include your UMBC campus ID.