APPLICATION PROCESS FOR VISITING UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS
Visiting undergraduate students must apply to UMBC before registering for winter courses. Our online applications are managed by our trusted partner, CollegeNet. Our application process is safe and secure.
- You will first need to create a CollegeNet account before you will be able to apply online.
- Please note that your CollegeNet account is not the same as your myUMBC account (which is used to register for classes). Once your application has been submitted, you will received a Campus ID number via e-mail from UMBC, which is needed to create your myUMBC account.
- Before applying, be sure to check with your home institution to verify the winter course(s) you want to register for are transferable.
- Visiting students are not required to submit transcripts to UMBC for one term admission, but must be in good standing at their home institution. While transcripts are not required for visiting student admission, some instructors may request an unofficial transcript if the course has pre- or co-requisite requirements.
- Once you are admitted to winter session, then you may register.
However, Incoming UMBC students do need to change your semester start date through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by indicating your intent to take a winter course.