COURSES WITH PREREQUISITE REQUIREMENTS
The list of Winter 2015 courses with prerequisites is not yet available - please check back in late September for updated information. (View the list of Winter 2014 courses that had prerequisites)
Students must have successfully satisfied the UMBC prerequisite requirements -- or be currently enrolled in the prerequisite course(s) -- before registering in courses with prerequisite requirements.
View prerequisite requirements:
- Go to the online schedule of classes, search by subject and class number, and click on the “Course Section” to open the “Class Details” screen.
- Scroll down to “Enrollment Information” to determine the specific prerequisite requirements for the course.
- Download and view a list of courses with prerequisite requirements.
Minimum grade requirement:
- Students currently enrolled in a course that is a “C or better prerequisite requirement" will be granted permission to enroll in the upcoming session, but may be required to verify their final grade once current course grades are published.
- Students must drop their course if the minimum grade criteria of the prerequisite course is not met.
- Please be aware of the schedule adjustment deadlines and the refund schedule BEFORE you enroll.
Prerequisite override request:
- UMBC's registration system does not recognize non-UMBC students’ prior course history, so visiting students are blocked from registering in any UMBC course with prerequisite requirements.
- Visiting students must first obtain a prerequisite override before they can enroll.
- If you receive a registration error indicating that you do not have the appropriate prerequisites, or that you need consent to register, submit a prerequisite override request to the Office of Summer and Winter Programs.
What to include in your prerequisite override request:
- Your name and UMBC campus ID
- The name and number of the UMBC course(s) you wish to enroll in.
- The name and number of the course(s) from your home institution that fulfills the UMBC prerequisite course requirement.
- A copy of your unofficial transcript (if you did not previously submit a transcript with your admission application) that includes the prerequisite course(s) and final grade received.
- Visiting students granted a prerequisite override will be given a student-specific registration code to enroll.
- Please be aware that a prerequisite override does NOT guarantee your enrollment in the course. You are still required to register as soon as possible through myUMBC to secure your seat in the class.
Contact the Office of Summer and Winter Programs for assistance.