January 5 – 23
SUMMER/WINTER SESSION COURSE LOAD
Summer session course load:
- During the summer, you can register for up to 16 total credits (no more than 8 credits in each of the two summer sessions).
- If you attempt to enroll in more than 8 credits per session, you will be blocked during online registration.
Winter session course load:
- During winter session you can register for no more than 4.5 credits, due to the condensed length of the term.
- If you attempt to enroll in more than 4.5 credits, you will be blocked during online registration.
Course load exceptions:
- Highly motivated and academically strong students may be granted permission to enroll in more than the designated course load limits.
- Advanced approval is required by both the student's primary major advisor and the Office of Academic and Pre-Professional Advising to enroll in excess credits.
How to request excess credit approval:
- Download and complete an "Enroll for Excess Credit" form.
- Consult with your primary major advisor to verify he/she agrees to approve the additional credits.
- Obtain your advisor's signature on the form.
- E-mail the completed and signed form to the Office of Academic and Pre-Professional Advising for review at email@example.com.
- Please allow at least a week before the start of classes to process your request.
- The Office of Academic and Pre-Professional Advising will notify you by e-mail regarding whether your request to enroll in excess credits is approved.
Questions about the excess credits process should be directed to:
Office for Academic and Pre-Professional Advising
Room 102 Academic Services Bldg