Skip to Main Content


Campus Information

What is myUMBC?

  • A web-based portal to various services and online community resources at UMBC.
  • Use myUMBC to register for courses, view account balances, online bill payment, register for a parking permit, check university e-mail and check grades.

How Do I Create a myUMBC Account?

How Do I Forward my UMBC e-mail to Another e-mail Account?

View how to forward your UMBC e-mails to an already existing e-mail account (Hotmail, Gmail, etc.).

When Will I Be Billed? How Do I Pay My Bill?

  • Your billing date and due date are determined by your registrations date.
  • UMBC bills students electronically - paper bills are not issued.
  • Information on how to view your account (and pay your bill) can be found here.

Are Scholarships or Financial Aid Available?

  • A limited number of full and partial course scholarships are available to UMBC degree-seeking students.
  • Financial aid (loans and/or grants) may be available for eligible UMBC students who are making satisfactory academic progress (SAP).

How Do I Get a Parking Permit?

  • Current UMBC students must display a valid permit.
  • New or visiting students must request a permit to park on the UMBC campus in non-metered lots or on roadways from 7:00 am until 7:00 p.m. (Monday through Thursday) and from 7:00 am until 3:30 p.m. on Friday.

Where Can I Eat on Campus During Summer & Winter Session?

  • On-campus dining is available summer & winter session. UMBC Dining Services will post open venues and hours closer to the start of the session.
  • Meal Plans are also available.

How Can I Get Help, When I Need It?

  • Submit an online my UMBC Help Ticket. Use myUMBC Help Tickets for billing issues, computing/technology support, questions about your class schedule, grades, etc.
  • Access the myUMBC Help Ticket site and login with your myUMBC user name and password.
  • Additional administrative support information can be found here.

Is On-Campus Housing Available?

  • Students living in continuous occupancy, 9-month housing may remain on campus during January for Winter Session.
  • Click here for Winter Session information.

Course Information

I Received a Registration Error Indicating That I Do Not Have the Appropriate Prerequisites, What Should I Do Now?

  • Students must have successfully satisfied the UMBC prerequisite requirements -- or be currently enrolled in the prerequisite course(s) -- before registering in courses with prerequisite requirements.
  • Follow the instructions on the Course Prerequisites page to complete a Prerequisite Override Request.

Why Can't I Use myUMBC to Change My Schedule?

  • During the Schedule Adjustment Period students can use myUMBC to add, drop or swap courses.
  • Schedule changes are limited once the Schedule Adjustment Period ends - please see academic dates/deadlines.
  • After the Schedule Adjustment Period, students must submit an RT Help Ticket to the Registrar's Office for any schedule change requests.

I am Enrolled in a Course, What Should I Do Before it Begins?

  • Review the list of resources on the student services page.
  • Make sure you have taken care of all of your campus information, including - campus ID, E2Campus alerts, parking, regularly check UMBC e-mail, etc. Also, ensure you have reviewed all of the course information, including - blackboard access, textbooks, regularly check UMBC e-mail, etc.

What is Blackboard?

UMBC uses Blackboard, an online learning management system, for online, hybrid, and many in-person courses. When you register for a class, you are automatically enrolled in Blackboard.

How Can My Parents See My Schedule, Grades, or Financial Information?

You can grant permission to let others see your schedule, grades, or financial information through “profile sharing” in myUMBC. 

How Do I Transfer My UMBC Grades to My Home Institution?

Once your final grades have been posted to myUMBC, you can order an official copy of your transcript  through Parchment Inc. (UMBC’s online transcript partner) to be sent to your home institution.  There is a fee associated with ordering an official transcript.

How Do I Register For More Than 4.5 Credits During Winter Session and/or 16 Credits During Summer Session?

  • Permission to enroll in excess credits requires advanced approval from your primary major advisor and the Office of Academic and Pre-Professional Advising.
  • You must submit your request for excess credit approval in time to be reviewed and processed before the start of the session.

How Do I Add Myself to a Course Waitlist?

  • If a course if full, use myUMBC to place your name on a waitlist.
  • When adding the class during registration, check the box "Waitlist if class is full" and continue the enrollment process.
  • If the class has a waitlist, you will be notified of your position on the waitlist after you have completed registration.
  • Click here for more information.

How Do I Check My Final Grade(s)?

  • Log-in to myUMBC.
  • Highlight the Topics menu.
  • Select "Classes & Grades."
  • Select "Student Grades."
  • Select the desired "Term/Semester."
  • Click Continue, and your grades will display on the screen.

How Do I Order Transcripts?

  • Order official UMBC transcripts through Parchment, UMBC’s online transcript partner.
  • View a video on How to Order Your Transcript
  • There is a fee associated with ordering an official transcript.
  • You can also download and print an unofficial transcript through myUMBC. 

What Accommodations Are Available?

The mission of Student Disability Services (SDS) at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), is to provide necessary accommodations to ensure all campus programs and services are accessible to enrolled UMBC students with disabilities.

For more information (or to request services) visit the SDS website.